Here’s a video that describes the birth of the B-52 Stratofortress, a US bomber that’s now over 60 years old.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- Where did the original idea for the B-52 come from?
- What was the original idea for the plane?
- Why did that idea change?
- Where did this new idea take shape and how long did it take?
- What were the important characteristics that the Air Force wanted in this plane?
Have a great weekend!!
A Boeing engineering team takes an idea born out of the darkest days of World War II and creates a whole new aircraft during a weekend cram session in a Dayton, Ohio, hotel room.