Here are the answers to last Friday’s video, enjoy!
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- The test took place in Yakutsk, Russia.
- Temperatures as low as -40 degrees are common there.
- Unless precautions are taken, the air is so cold that you cough with your first breath, then all the hair on your face freezes.
- The plane was drained of fluids and any equipment that might freeze was also removed.
- It was left in the cold for 12 hours.
- After this the plane had to be brought back to life, they had to put everything back on board and test the systems to make sure that they were working. Once all that was done, they were able to take off.