This week’s video reports on the declining number of pilots in the world and why it’s happening.
Try to answer the following questions about the video and come back on Monday for the answers.
Suggested ICAO level for video: 5+
- What does a person need to become a pilot for a commercial airline?
- How do pilots accumulate the hours needed to work for a commercial airline?
- How is the common financial situation for new commercial pilots?
- If a pilot ‘flies’ for seventeen hours per week, what other things form a part of his / her routine?
- Why do more senior pilots want to fly international flights?
- What indicator of a pilot shortage has been seen in Dubai?
- What has been the effect of the pilot shortage on large American carriers?
- What has been the effect on the regional airlines?
- What controversial suggestion to help the situation has drawn criticism?
- How could the industry help the decline in pilot numbers?
Follow us on twitter here, Facebook here for more great content!
Have a great weekend!
Why the World is Running Out of Pilots
Learn with Brilliant for 20% off by being one of the first 200 to sign up at http://www.Brilliant.org/Wendover Subscribe to Half as Interesting (The other channel from Wendover Productions): https://www.youtube.com/halfasinteresting Get the Wendover Productions t-shirt: https://standard.tv/collections/wendover-productions/products/wendover-productions-shirt Check out my personal channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDA1X6RrhzZQOHOGvC3KsWg Support Wendover Productions on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wendoverproductions Youtube: http://www.YouTube.com/WendoverProductions